Who We Are
Curve Asset Management LLC is an SEC registered investment advisor based in St. Petersburg, FL. Our team is comprised of industry veterans with experience in trading, operations, sales and senior management.
Led by 35-year industry veteran Larry Domash, Curve provides advisory services custom tailored to meet clients individual risk mandates and with exceptionally low volatility and unparalleled transparency.
Founder, Portfolio Manager
Larry has 35+ years credit trading, operations and management experience including as the former Director of Investment Operations at Fidelity, CIO of Jackson National Life and head of Research and Proprietary Trading at Société Générale. He most recently was the Head of Fixed Income at Ronin Capital in NYC and London. Larry has a B.A. in Economics from Lawrence University and received Cum Laude Honors for his thesis “Entry Barriers in Professional Baseball.” Larry also has a M.M. in Economics and Finance from Northwestern University..
Barry has 25 years of proprietary options trading and operations experience. He was previously a member of the COMEX, NYMEX, PHLX and CBOT. Barry has a B.S. in Finance from Lehigh University and was inducted into the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Volunteer Hall of Fame.
Jack has more than 30 years of Prime Brokerage and Securities Finance sales, trading and client services experience. He has spent most of his career in management roles at major financial institutions including Lehman, Fidelity, Pershing, Citi and Deutsche Bank. Jack has a B.A. in Economics from Hobart College.
Michael has 20 years of proprietary credit trading and operations experience in conjunction with multiple major global financial institutions including Ronin Capital, Man Group, Plc and Refco Securities. Michael studied Finance and Economics at Michigan State University and holds an M.B.A. from the University of Michigan.
WHAT WE DO
Curve employs a proprietary stochastic credit trading model using empirical data from the largest and most liquid global corporate and sovereign issuers of debt, which encompasses roughly $65T in market value – we specialize in trading the most liquid household “blue chip” issuers.
We systematically evaluate global market data for short term trading opportunities that have a greater than 86% probability of a positive return, typically within 30 days.
We Take Selective Individual Credit Risk
- We do not take interest rate risk
- We do not take liquidity risk
- We do not take concentration risk
- We do not predict issuer results or movements in capital markets
- Nightly analysis of global financial markets, detailing each sector and issuer we cover, delivered daily to our clients.
- We present each client with a detailed explanation of their portfolio and how it was impacted by the day’s events, including position level analysis of profitability and risk.
- We report exactly what transactions were done and why, as well as what we intend to do next.
HISTORY OF THE CURVE MODEL
- The premise for the trading model was inspired by an honors thesis written by Larry Domash and published in 1981.
- The Curve credit trading model was first implemented in the early 1990’s and was designed to manage hundreds of billions of dollars.
- The model was further developed, and employed, on exceedingly large pools of capital at major financial institutions including Fidelity and Société Générale.
“Our stochastic trading model has been proven successful for more than 25 years”
Some Facts About Curve
We only trade CASH credit of the 275 largest and most liquid global issuers of debt
Market value of the debt capital stock of the issuers we cover
Separate trading paradigms in the Curve Credit Trading Model
Global Cash Credit Trading Firms that provide daily transparency and accountability
Management Fees Charged by Curve for SMA Clients
Our success is driven by our commitment to data hierarchy, risk management and transparency with our clients.